European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (UEMS/EACCME)
The 90th European Atherosclerosis Society Congress is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide the following CME activity for medical specialists. The EACCME is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS): www.uems.net
The 90th European Atherosclerosis Society Congress is designated for a maximum of, or up to 22 European external CME credits. Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit can be found at https://www.ama-assn.org/education/ama-pra-credit-system/agreement-european-union-medical-specialties-uems
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Live educational activities, occurring outside of Canada, recognized by the UEMS-EACCME for ECMEC credits are deemed to be Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. For more information, visit: www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/cpd/providers/international-accreditation-agreements-e
Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
The CME/CPD certificate will be available after completing the online evaluation and credit claiming procedure. The process takes about 5 minutes. We thank you for your feedback as it is an important part of CME/CPD accreditation and helps improve future educational offerings.
Before 25 June 2022:
1. Access the online system via any of the following
– Visit the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/EAS2022Evaluation
(Please note that web browsers Mozilla Firefox 2.X or higher, or Google Chrome are recommended)
– Follow the link in the email sent at the end of the event
2. Complete the anonymous online evaluation
3. Complete the credit claim form and submit
4. The CME/CPD certificate will be available for download; retain for your personal records
Kindly note that the EAS 2022 online evaluation will be active on the last day of the meeting. You will then be able to access it and claim your CME/CPD certificate.
After attending this event, participants should be able to:
- Address individual needs in compliance with their Continuous Professional Development (CPD) plan
- Discuss the novel approaches and future targets to lower circulating triglycerides
- Identify educational resources and networks for exchange of knowledge and learning about atherosclerosis
- Summarize the latest scientific advances in the field of atherosclerosis and related cardiovascular conditions
- Review current insights into the role of gut microbiota in atherosclerosis
- Discuss the current research projects within EAS and enhance opportunities for future collaboration between groups of young researchers
- Exchange ideas and knowledge in the field of atherosclerosis and related cardiovascular conditions across continents, institutions, and individuals
The 90th European Atherosclerosis Society Congress is the global meeting place for specialists in the field of clinical chemistry, diabetes, endocrinology, primary care as well as clinicians and basic researchers studying atherosclerosis and related vascular diseases. Because of the diverse, clinically focused educational offering, participants are able to tailor the curriculum to meet the needs of international clinicians of all levels of experience.
In accordance with CME/CPD accreditation criteria and standards for commercial support to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor, those in control of the educational content must disclose potential or actual conflicts of interest. Disclosure information is evaluated and conflicts of interest resolved. Disclosure is made to participants prior to the activity. Participants will be asked on the evaluation to assess the objectivity and independence of the event.
- Disclosure information available here
Industry Support Disclosure
This event is supported, in part, by funding from industry. All support is managed in strict accordance with CME/CPD accreditation criteria and standards for commercial support. Appropriate acknowledgement of all supporting organisations is made in the programme guide, on the event website, and with signage during the event.
- View a list of all industry supporters here – https://eas-congress.com/2022/sponsorship-exhibition/confirmed-sponsors-exhibitors/
- Championing best practice in CME/CPD
- Maintaining and improving standards
- Mentoring and educating
- Working in collaboration with critical stakeholders
Membership in the Good CME Practice Group illustrates Kenes commitment to high standards and knowledgeable partnership with its clients in the design and delivery of medical events.